A whole system or structure violates individual parties’ rights, or contributes to injustice at the social level.
Individuals and organizations can advocate for change by identifying systemic issues and making recommendations to decision-makers to improve policies and processes at the highest levels of governance.
Types of Interventions:
- Special Education Legislation
- Special Education Policy-making
- Stakeholder Decision-making
- Task Forces
- Professional Communities of Practice
- Advocacy and voting
- DC Council and Individual Councilmembers
- Office of the Deputy Mayor for Education
- Office of the State Superintendent of Education
- Office of the Student Advocate
- Ombudsperson for Public Education
- DC Secondary Transition Community of Practice