Parties actively oppose and lack trust in one another, requiring a third party to intervene for a positive outcome.
Third parties who are trained in formal conflict resolution processes can facilitate communication and problem-solving among involved parties when there is an active conflict.
Types of Interventions:
- IEP Facilitation
- Mediation Models
- Advocates for Justice and Education (AJE)
- Office of the State Superintendent of Education, Office of Dispute Resolution
- DCPS Early Dispute Resolution Team
- Ombudsman for Public Education
- Office of the Student Advocate
- SchoolTalk (provides training)